What This Policy Covers
That said, you should know that we may provide third party content or links to third-party websites or applications (for example, links to websites of insurance companies we partner with if you request to view a quote). When you leave our Services or interact with a third-party feature, you should also read the applicable third party’s privacy policies and terms of service to make sure you understand how they might collect and share information about you.
What Information We Collect
There are three primary ways we collect information about you: (1) when you give it to us, (2) through automated technologies, and (3) by asking others for it. We’ve broken down each of those three categories in further detail below.
Information You Provide to Us
You may provide information to us in various ways, such as through online forms, over the phone, or via other means offered through our Services. The most likely way you’ll provide us with information about yourself is by entering it in our websites in order to have us generate a quote or other offers for you. Please note that we collect, retain, and use such information, as well as the information in categories 2 and 3 below, even if you do not complete the web flow. For example, we may ask you some basic questions about your medical history in order to generate a life insurance quote for you. The types of information you provide us fit into two categories. Personal Information is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, email address, Social Security number or phone number. Non-Personal Information is information about you or your household that, on its own, doesn’t identify you personally, like your gender, income or what types of products you’re interested in.
When we combine information that isn’t Personal Information (like Usage Information, as explained below) with Personal Information, we treat it like Personal Information for as long as it is combined.
Information We Automatically Collect
- Device Information. We collect information about your device, such as your operating system, hardware model, application or browser type and version, and unique identifiers associated with your device.
- Log Information. We automatically collect certain information in system logs or similar files about how you interact with our Services, such as which buttons you click on. This Log Information may also include things like your IP address, browser or device configuration, date and time of access and cookie information.
- Information Used to Reidentify. We collect information in order to reidentify you across multiple browsing sessions and devices (for instance, connecting your current browsing with a prior session in which you provided us your name).
- Location Information. We may use certain information like your IP address or other Device Information or Log Information to estimate your location. We may also request to use location-enabled services on your device (which typically provide GPS or Wi-Fi access point details) to enhance our Services.
We, or other parties we do business with, may place or recognize unique cookies or other technologies on your browser when you visit our Services to collect information about your use of the Services and your other online activities over time and across different websites and apps, and may use that information to serve interest-based advertisements to you as you browse the Internet.
Information Third Parties Provide to Us About You
To provide you with more personalized product recommendations, we collect information about you from third parties and from other sources, such as publicly available databases, providers of demographic information, fraud prevention services, and social media platforms. For example, we may collect information from a third party to verify the address you provided, to help us understand your occupational background, or to confirm you are not a bot or entering fraudulent information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from you and third parties to operate our Services, including to provide you with insurance quotes, communicate with you, and improve your experience. These are a few examples of how we use the information we collect:
- To provide personalized services to you. We use the information we collect to provide the Services to you in a personalized way. Financial services products are complex and we therefore do not take a one-size-fits-all approach to helping you find the right products. The information we collect enables us to do this by giving us a more detailed picture of who you are.
- To improve our Services. We are constantly trying to improve our Services. The information we collect also helps us improve the experience we provide to consumers and the way we match consumers to product recommendations in real time. For example, in some instances, we may use information you have provided, even if you have not completed the web flow, so that if you return to the website this information will be pre-loaded for your convenience.
- To prevent fraud or malicious activities. We may also use the information you provide to detect, deter, prevent, or take action regarding incidents such as suspected fraud, malicious or illegal activities, or violations of our policies.
- To communicate with you. Part of providing personalized services is quickly connecting you with real people who can help walk you through your financial services options. Therefore, we use the information you provide to contact you about the quotes or other product recommendations you requested through our websites. For example, if you provide your phone number and email and then consent to being contacted by us, we will likely call you to connect you with one of our licensed agents. We may also text and email you information about how to contact us, specific offers, and other information pertinent to your financial services inquiry.
- For legal reasons. We operate in a regulated industry and therefore reserve the right to access, use, preserve, transfer or disclose, at any time without notice to you, any information related to your use of our Services as reasonably necessary to do any of the following: comply with applicable law; respond to complaints, legal actions or governmental requests; enforce our Terms of Service; or respond to other similar matters. We may also use third-party services to record your actions on this website to help meet our compliance and legal obligations.
When We Share or Sell the Information We Collect
As a distributor of financial services products, we work with a number of partners to deliver the Services and therefore share information with those partners. Also, although we aim to directly meet all of our customers’ needs, we also—with your express permission—may sell the information you provide us to third parties, to help give you more options and better meet your needs. The following is a list of how we share and/or sell your information, including Personal Information, in connection with your use of our Services:
- Share information with our partners (e.g., insurance carriers) to provide and improve our Services. We may share information about you with the third-party partners we collaborate with to provide you the Services you requested. For example, we work closely with certain insurance carriers to provide our customers with personalized insurance quotes. When you request a quote, we may therefore share your information with the carriers to generate the quote for you. Or we may call you and redirect your call directly to agents of one of those carriers to walk you through your options. Or we may redirect you to the website of one of those partners and pre-populate your information there to help seamlessly satisfy your financial services inquiry.
- Sell information to third-party providers with your permission. After obtaining your permission, we may sell your information to third parties who will also try to meet your needs. These third parties may be other insurance agencies, insurance carriers, financial services providers, or other entities that facilitate the process of connecting customers with financial services providers. These third parties, or the entities they work with, may contact you based on the consent you have provided.
- As Part of a Corporate Change. We may disclose and transfer information about you to a third party as part of, or in preparation for, a change of control, restructuring, corporate change, or sale or transfer of assets.
- For Legal Reasons. We reserve the right to transfer or disclose information about you to third parties for certain legal purposes as described above.
How We Protect Your Information
We seek to use reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards, and other security measures to protect personal information within our organization from growing threats. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the contact methods provided below.
If you are a CALIFORNIA RESIDENT or if you would simply prefer to opt-out for any reason and would like to request that your personal information not be sold in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), please fill out the form below or feel free to send us an email with your full name, email, and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify your information, and once verified, we will process your request to opt-out all of your information from future sales.